Gus G Interview by Metal Culture
1. As even I didnęt know you until a short time ago , please introduce
yourself to our readers.
Gus G: Hello, my name is Gus G. and I play guitar in the heavy metal band FIREWIND.
The rest of my bandmates are Stephen Fredrick on vocals, Konstantine on bass
and Brian Harris on drums.
2. I think your album is a quite succesfull piece of work, what do you
think about it ?
Gus G: I'm very proud of this album, we put a lot of work in it!
3. In the "Rock hard" you have really so-to-say been acclaimed...do you
feel that as a good or rather as a bad thing?`?
Gus G: If you're talking about "Rock Hard" magazine, I think they like FIREWIND
very much and have done a good presentation of the band. They have supported
all my musical efforts so far. I've been informed that in Germany they
consider me a good guitarist and all that, so I guess being an acclaimed
guitarist is a good thing.
4. What are your lyrics about?
Gus G: Our lyrics vary from fantasy stuff to real life situations like
war, mankind's direction, etc.
5. Are you going to go on tour now?
Gus G: We're working on it. No official dates yet.
6. If yes, will you then also come to Germany ?
Gus G: If we go on a European tour, I think we will play in Germany.
7. Are there any other news from Firewind ?
Gus G: Well, we were currently informed that our debut "Between Heaven and Hell" is
doing very good in Japan, so we're happy for that! I will start working on
new material soon for the next album and of course check out touring
8. Thank you a lot for the interview but I have still one question left: Who
came up with the idea of the name firewind and what does it mean ?
Gus G: I came up with the name FIREWIND. I took it from one of Uli Roth's albums,
with his band, Electric Sun. I think it's a very powerful and catchy name!
I believe that Fire is also a symbol of power and our music definitely has
fire in it!!!
Thanx for your support! Stay METAL!!!
Firewind's "Between Heaven and Hell" cover art.
Firewind's European "Between Heaven and Hell" cover art.